CSDT (Content Server Developer Tools) is the most efficient way to work with Oracle WebCenter Sites (OWCS) artifacts. While the CSDT command line is useful to import and export OWCS assets, the CSDT plugin for eclipse IDE is a sophisticated way to work with coding artifacts, for example Templates, CS-Elements, SiteEntries & WCS_Controllers, etc.
This blog discusses common issues and how you can fix them.
Here are some of the errors caused while trying to connect to local or remote OWCS servers through the CSDT plugin for Eclipse IDE:
1. casInfo: ticketServerUrl is missing
2. Failed to acquire multi ticket, Failed to acquire ticket, <http(s)://><server_host:port>/sites/Satellite?pagename=fatwire/wem/sso/processticket
3. Error log:
org.eclipse.e4.core.di.InjectionException: com.fatwire.csdt.exceptions.UnexpectedException: java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
Caused by: org.eclipse.swt.SWTException: Failed to execute runnable (java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javax/annotation/Priority)
Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javax/annotation/Priority
4. Error log:
Failed to acquire multi ticket, Failed to acquire ticket, Server returned HTTP response code: 500 for URL:<http(s)://><server_host:port>/sites/Satellite?pagename=fatwire/wem/sso/processticket
- Check if you are using a correct version of the CSDT plugin JAR, because the CSDT plugin is not backward/forward compatible in most cases. So, make sure you always use the same version of the CSDT plugin JAR that is packaged in the Sites installation you are trying to connect. You can find the JAR at the following location: /< Sites Home>/clients/com.oracle.sites.developertools-* or equivalent.
- Make sure the Eclipse IDE you are using is covered in Oracle’s product certification matrix: https://www.oracle.com/technetwork/middleware/fusion-middleware/documentation/fmw-1221certmatrix-2739738.xlsx
- Make sure the user credentials used in the Eclipse CSDT plugin window are correct and the User is part of the “RestAdmin” Group.
Do you need assistance with any other WebCenter Sites development issues? Contact Inspired ECM today to let us become your partner for solving issues and keeping your Oracle WebCenter Sites environment running smoothly.