Oracle WebCenter Forms Recognition service (WFR) version 22.214.171.124.0 is set up and configured with Oracle Database 126.96.36.199.0 on Windows Server 2012 R2.
Oracle database is set up in pluggable database (PDB) format where in a new PDB is created for Oracle WebCenter Forms Recognition.
For this PDB new user is created ‘ofr_adm’.
Based on the documentation all the relevant configuration has been completed for WebCenter Forms Recognition and the Web Verifier (on IIS) which are as follows:
- The Connection String has been updated.
the parameter is updated in the required format for Oracle database in all the configuration files.
- The IIS Server configured for the web verifier is added to the relevant alias and setting up and configuring the Application pool.
- Verified that the Oracle TNS listener and service are started and confirmed that ‘ofr’ pdb is showing as active.
After completing the configurations listed above and restarting the IIS server, I navigated to ‘http://hostname/WebVerifier/login.aspx’ and the browser displayed the following error.
ORA-12154: TNS: Could not resolve the connect identifier specified
Cause: A connection to a database or other service was requested using a connect identifier, and the connect identifier specified could not be resolved into a connect descriptor using one of the naming methods configured. For example, if the type of connect identifier used was a net service name then the net service name could not be found in a naming method repository, or the repository could not be located or reached.
- This issue was resolved by launching the Database Configuration Assistant from /bin and running the configuration on the existing pdb for ‘ofr’ to make sure its registered with the database connection.
The steps performed are illustrated in the following screenshots.
- Launch DBCA.
- Select the ‘Managed Pluggable Database’ option and select Next.
- Select ‘Configure Pluggable Database’ and select Next.
- Select the container database which is associated with ‘ofr’ and select Next.
- Select the PDB created for OFR and select Next
- Select the Default options for the next section and select Finish.
- Grant the connect and resource privileges to the PDB user account as mentioned below.
From SQL Developer – create New Connection – user Name – ofr_adm –
SID : ofr
hostname : DB Hostname
Port : DB port as initialized during set up.
After creating the connection, Connect to the OFR instance.
Run the following SQL command.
conn sys as sysdba
Provide the password associated with sysdba.
grant connect,resource to ofr_adm;
Make sure that “Grant Succeeded” message is displayed.
After completing these steps, restart the IIS server and then launch the Web Verifier console using a web browser to make sure it brings up the WebCenter Form recognition login page successfully.
If you need further assistance please feel free to contact us directly.