In the newest release of WFR (220.127.116.11.200714), Oracle has updated the default AP Packaged Project. Any customer that downloads WFR receives a pre-trained AP Packaged Project that automates data entry for invoices, purchase orders, non-purchase orders, and credit notes. Typically, project-related configurations are stored in a .ini file on the local file system, however, in this release, Oracle has introduced a new, more secure method of managing project configurations. Configurations can now be stored in a database.
With configurations now stored in a database, a new tool has been introduced to manage the configurations in the DB (WFRSCM – WebCenter Forms Recognition Solution Configuration Manager). WFRSCM is a web-based application that is accessed no differently than any other console in the browser for WebCenter.
Within the WFRSCM application, users can manage configurations as well as export configurations to a new instance or import from another instance. Full details on using the WFRSCM tool can be found here.
Additional New Items in the Release—
- Client IDs – Out of the box, WFR comes preconfigured with a single client. Whenever documents pass through the system, they are preassigned a Client ID. Client IDs control the overall workflow of a document including:
- Extracted document fields.
- Mandatory and optional fields, and their corresponding validation rules.
- The data sources that are used for field validation.
- How data is exported.
Examples of how this can be utilized:
- If the end-user is a BPO, a client can be used to represent a single customer of the BPO or a division of a single customer.
- If you have one user working in multiple regions or with multiple divisions with their own requirements, a client can be used to represent each region or division.
- If you have one user working with multiple ERP systems, each ERP system can be set up as an individual client for the different ERP-system connections and processing rules.
- New Fields in AP Project
- VAT Table: You can use the VAT table in place of the single AmountTax field to capture a greater level of tax detail from European VAT invoices.
- Delivery Notes: This field is a line item type field where multiple delivery notes are captured and entered.
- IBAN: It represents the international bank account number for invoice payment.
- BIC: It is an internationally assigned code to identify a unique banking institution.
- Your Ref: Use this field to capture a reference number specified on the invoice that relates to the party being billed. It can often consist of a contact name, a reference number, or a combination of both
- Alternate Payee/Alternate Payee Address: The alternate payee field is a supplementary field to the Vendor ID and represents the party to whom actual invoice payments should be made
- Mexican UUID: The Mexican UUID is an electronic invoice number provided by the Mexican SAT authorities and appears as standard on electronic documents.
- Dynamic Form – A new dynamic web form is available for use with all of the default fields. This is viewable from Verifier Design Mode.
Is your organization looking to upgrade WebCenter Forms Recognition to take advantage of these new features? Contact us to learn how Inspired ECM can help.