As the Strapi website comes out and proudly states: it’s the “open-source headless CMS front-end developers love.” But, before we dive into the nuts and bolts of this resource, we want to first explain what a headless CMS is, and why you should be paying attention.
A headless CMS refers to a content management system that makes it easy for members across an entire organization to manage, write, and access content. They can do it throughout all of their applications using an API. This kind of tool is not concerned with how and where your content is displayed. Rather, it’s concerned with storing and delivering structured content across your entire team, minimizing back-and-forth and communication along the way.
Headless CMS is getting some pretty big play-time today in articles, media posts, etc. Why? Well, a headless CMS comes with some pretty notable benefits, including:
- Being able to build a website with technology that you actually understand
- Websites created with static site generators can use headless CMS
- eCommerce sites can enrich their product information
- Multi-channel content management happens seamlessly
- Headless CMS sets up brands for growth and scalability
Headless CMS is the content management solution that developers have been craving, for years. Since this new kind of approval to development process is so popular, one application, Strapi, has jumped into the game as an ‘open-source headless CMS’ solution. But, more than just a Node.js Framework, and more than a headless CMS, Strapi saves API development time using an admin panel that every team member can access. Wow.
What are some of the major reasons why Strapi is catching attention today?
- Open source functionality: Strapi is free, open-source, and accessible to everyone. The entire codebase is on GitHub, managed by different contributors. You can use it whenever you want.
- Host data safely: Strapi enables you to host your data on your own servers for ultimate safety. And, it’s GDPR compliant.
- Change your admin panel: Strapi understands that no two projects are the same. You can customize the admin panel and API as you see fit.
- RESTfulAPI: Strapi makes it easy to consume the API from any client, app, or even IoT framework.
- Plugins included: Now you can install the auth system, content management, custom plugins, and so forth, seamlessly.
- Control you can access endpoints: Using authentications and permissions, you can decide who has access to your API or not. It provides you with total control.
Made Simplistically for You
Strapi has gone above and beyond to create a simplistic interface that is intuitive and easy to understand. You don’t have to think twice about building your content types. Plus, these types can be flexed according to your needs with different fields and mix-and-match options. The sky is the limit, and now you can manage any kind of content in a fraction of the time.
Concluding with what Strapi has on their website, they are “developer-centric, API-driven.” Want to know more about Strapi? Follow along with us here for updates.